Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Second Leg, The Last Week of July

Katherine and I at the Jubilee House Women's Shelter in Twin Falls

 
Had a really good week. This was the second leg and I started off going to Twin Falls and met with Katherine at the Jubilee House which is a shelter for women in Twin. after that I went over to meet with Pastor Tony who runs the Victory House in Twin Falls. He wasn't in but I had a good visit with a couple of his assistants pictured below.

The Victory House in Twin Falls


Then it was on to Idaho Falls Rescue Mission where I met with Rene Lopez. He told me some of his testimony. The Lord has done some work on that one! He is a great guy. I dropped 340 books off there, They have missions for men, women, married families, and a addiction counseling center.


Rene Lopez and I at the City Refuge Mission in Idaho Falls, Idaho

After that I headed to Wyoming. I tried to find the Rescue Mission in Jackson Hole but there were like a billion people everywhere and that truck I was driving was like driving a tank. After driving around in circles a few times I decided to move on towards Dubois, where I met a gal at the thrift store. I visited with her for a little bit and left 25 books for her. She said she would gladly distribute them to the local churches and the small shelter they had in town. That night I stayed in Riverton, Wyoming. I had heard rumors in Dubois that the previous week some guy decided that he didn't care too much for the street people and decide to start shooting at them. He shot and killed one man and left the city and actually the state of Wyoming distraught. Every place in Wyoming I stopped at suggested that I leave books in Riverton and I did. I left them at the Good Samaritan Mission, Volunteers of America, and the Set Free Church for transitional housing for ex inmates. In Casper I dropped off 85 books to the Central Wyoming Rescue Mission. Wednesday night I stayed with a friend Jane and Rod. It was nice to catch up with them. They agreed to take books to the shelter over in Gillette and other local locations. It is sure nice to have friends that come along side and help with the distribution!!
The next day I went to the Montana Rescue Mission in Billings where I met with Perry Roberts and Glenn Fournier. That was a great visit. I left them 85 books and they referred me to the mission in Great Falls where I wanted to meet with Jim Keiser.


Jim McCormick and I at the Great Falls Mission


Due to time restraints I met with Jim McCormick instead leaving them 170 books to be used in their ministry.

Candice Day and I at the Union Gospel Mission in Missoula.
The photo was taken by Anna Schreck.


The next day I was in Missoula and ended up at the Union Gospel Mission women's shelter. I met with Candice Day and Anna Schreck. They were awesome and we had a great visit. Candice gave me a tour of the facility and Anna, bless here heart, helped me out with my Facebook page. I gave them 85 books.
I am very fortunate to have some really good friends that are helping out. Amy in Texas, Eileen in the Tri Cities area of Eastern Washington, Ronnett and Gloria in the Caldwell, Bonnie in the Denver area, Pastor Mike in Boise, Roger in Boise, June in Boise, Eastern Oregon, Wyoming and Montana, Nick in Sandpoint, Jane and Rod in Wyoming, Whitney in Eastern Oregon. I am sure I am missing a few but there are so many I don't even know their names. Like the gal I met in Dubois, Wyoming. The Lord is really using the body of Christ on this!!!

On the second leg of the Eastern Idaho, Wyoming and Montana tour I was able to give a total of 1,354 books to missions, halfway houses, prison ministries and multiple individuals that the Lord brought into my path. It was a very good week!

Will add photos when I get to Denver... for some reason I cannot upload photos to the blog from a motel room.

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to see Christ's children work together to show those who are lost where they can go for sanction and peace, and who will love them no matter what they may be going through. Bless you, all Christ's children.
    We who are unable to contribute in that way, are keeping you in our prayers
    Keep moving for Christ.

    ReplyDelete